was formed in 1999 to purchase, preserve and protect White's Mill.
The purchase of the mill, miller’s house, and the country store was completed in March 2001. Funds were received from the Virginia Dept. of Historic Resources, Washington County, the Town of Abingdon, local businesses and other sources in the private sector. White’s Mill has recently undergone a complete renovation to the outside structure including a new roof, siding, windows and major structural work.
You can find:
· handmade quilts, fabric art, and wall decorations
· artwork of various styles depicting White’s Mill and the southern Appalachian region
· books of Appalachian writing
· CDs of local and regional music
· much, much more from many local artisans